Pool ‘PALs’: Play – Achieve – Listen
'Pool PALs' is a whole school programme, run by our pupils for our pupils
The aim of the scheme is to:
- Encourage positive playtimes
- Offer support for our pupils
- Give greater responsibility to pupils
Pupils in Year 5 & 6 are invited to apply for the job of 'Pool PAL' on a termly basis. Between eight and ten children are appointed and receive training from the Orchard Centre in Otley; helping them to understand how best to support our pupils and work with lunchtime supervisory staff.
Their main aims are to:
- Promote positive playtimes by leading games and modelling positive behaviour
- Deliver Peer Mediation, by listening to pupils’ worries and helping them through their problems.
Click on the links below to view photos of past and present 'PALs'!
Our fabulous Pool PALs for Autumn 2017:
Nathan, Bradley, Jack H, Will M, Bessie, Max, Alfie R, Alfie R-N, Abigail, Charlie, Grace N and Oliver.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR NEW POOL PALS FOR THE SUMMER TERM, 2017:
George, Izabella, Sinead, Henri, James, Flora, Martha, Campbell, Margaux, Chloe, Amy and Hannah!